Insert database rows from CSV file

3c273 nospam at nospam.com
Mon Apr 4 17:23:53 EDT 2005

Hello,
I have a really simple Access database table with a format similar to this:
CustomerName - ProductOrdered - QtyOrdered

I have a CSV file with the appropriate values as follows:
Customer1, Widget1, 1000
Customer2, Widget2, 3000
etc

I have figured out how to insert the data manually from the interactive
prompt:
cursor.execute(""" INSERT INTO "Table1" Values ('Customer1', "Widget1',
'1000') """)

What I would like to do is iterate over the CSV file like this:
for lines in file:
    cursor.execute(""" INSERT INTO "Table1" lines """)

I have googled and found some examples that use string formatting, but
without documentation I can't seem to find the right formula. I don't have
any problem with the iteration part, I just can't seem to figure out how to
use a variable to insert an entire row with the INSERT statement. Can anyone
get me going in the right direction? I'm using odbc from win32all,
Python2.3, and Access2000 if it matters. Thanks.
Louis