MS SQL Server/ODBC package for Python

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 15 17:30:03 EDT 2005

gsmith at Oxfam.org.uk wrote:
> I do have a standard install of Python as well as Plone.  Can you have two?
> I have run the mxInstaller for both instances .... however, whether I run
> the ide from my standard install or my plone install the pythonpath is the
> same (ie c:\...\plone 2\python).  My machine registry now has the python
> entries all pointing at plone.
>
> Sorry to trouble you like this but do you know how I can get myself out of
> this mess?

For Plone, you need to install the "mxODBC Zope DA", not
stand-alone mxODBC Python extension:

    http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC-Zope-DA.html

Installation docs are here:

    http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC-Zope-DA.html#Documentation

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 15 2005)