Best editor?

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 7 10:22:14 EDT 2005

Paul McGuire wrote:
> SciTE (Scintilla Text Editor) is just right for me too.  Low overhead,
> great just as a Notepad alternative, but with good coding support too.
>
> -- Paul

Yes, I use SciTE.  Syntax marking and multiple buffers. Works with
Windows and Linux.

Boa-constructor (Scintilla based editor), aside from being a GUI
designer, provides all of the above, with a debug capability.

PythonWin (scintilla based editor) is Windows only. It provides the
Edit/Debug functionality of Boa and has an excellent auto-completion
facility - this is particularly helpful when one doesn't remember the
name or parameters of a function of method.  It currently has a bug
which slows things down at times but, I understand that this is fixed in
the forthcoming build 204.