SimpleXMLRPCServer - disable output

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 14 16:41:45 EDT 2005

codecraig wrote:

>Hi,
>  I thought I posted this, but its been about 10min and hasnt shown up
>on the group.
>  Basically I created a SimpleXMLRPCServer and when one of its methods
>gets called and it returns a response to the client, the server prints
>some info out to the console, such as,
>
>localhost - - [14/Apr/2005 16:06:28] "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.0" 200 -
>
>Anyhow, is there a way I can surpress that so its not printed to the
>console? I looked at SimpleXMLRPCServer.py ...it doesn't explicitly
>print that, I think perhaps std is...but not sure.   Any ideas??
>
>thanks.

Here's the entire SimpleMLRPCServer class from SimpleXMLRPCServer.py:

class SimpleXMLRPCServer(SocketServer.TCPServer,
                         SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher):
    """Simple XML-RPC server.

    Simple XML-RPC server that allows functions and a single instance
    to be installed to handle requests. The default implementation
    attempts to dispatch XML-RPC calls to the functions or instance
    installed in the server. Override the _dispatch method inhereted
    from SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher to change this behavior.
    """

    def __init__(self, addr, requestHandler=SimpleXMLRPCRequestHandler,
                 logRequests=1):
        self.logRequests = logRequests

        SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher.__init__(self)
        SocketServer.TCPServer.__init__(self, addr, requestHandler)

You should be able to change logRequests to 0 and that should fix it.  I just tested it at a prompt and it worked just fine.

Jeremy Jones