(Python newbie) Using XP-SP2/MSVC6: No Python24_d.lib, winzip barfs on Python-2.4.1.tar, cannot download bzip2

Bill Davy Bill at SynectixLtd.com
Mon Apr 18 11:28:00 EDT 2005

"A.B., Khalid" <abkhd at earth.co.jp> wrote in message
news:1113834504.919986.129180 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Bill Davy wrote:
>> I downlaoded and installed
>> http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.1/python-2.4.1.msi
>>
>> I'm trying to build an extension using SWIG 1.3.24 and the linker
> needs
>> python24_d.lib (I do not have the DLL either).  I've not found it in
> any of
>> the
>> downloads.

> I am no expert in MSVC6, but it sounds like maybe you need to supply
> the no-debug switch in your extention setup.py file: /d NDEBUG.
>
> In case that does not work and help on this is not forthcoming, you can
> always try pyMinGW[1].
>

> Regards,
> Khalid

Hmm, that's one possibility but I really do need to keep the debugger
version going.  I'm only just getting started.  Any other suggestions?