Python 2.4 killing commercial Windows Python development ?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Apr 14 02:23:02 EDT 2005

Roger Binns wrote:
>    - I could make some sort of installer that did all the non-Python interpretter
>      pieces and it would have to be compatible with anyone else doing the same
>      thing.
>
> The first is a waste of my time and effort, and I do the second except I also
> include the Python interpretter meaning there are no dependencies.

If that works for you and your users, fine - the main point of this
thread is that some users complain they can't do that anymore, because
they have no license to distribute msvcr71. For those users: what is
the reason not to use the approach of shipping an application that
requires a certain version of Python pre-installed on the target
machine?

Regards,
Martin