Name of IDLE on Linux

Thomas Rast foo.bar at freesurf.ch.invalid
Sat Apr 2 15:48:46 EST 2005

Edward Diener <eldiener_no_spam_here at earthlink.net> writes:

> It is a pity the Python Linux binary installations do not
> create folders on the desktop or in the Gnome menu system with links
> to the Python to the documentation and a readme telling me what
> executables were installed.

Imagine they did, and the other 1392 packages (on my system) too :-)

Documentation usually resides in /usr/share/doc/<package>,
/usr/share/doc/packages/<package> or similiar.  You're on an RPM-based
system, so

$ rpm -ql <package>

lists all files belonging to that package.  You should have little
trouble spotting the documentation files there.

- Thomas

--
If you want to reply by mail, substitute my first and last name for
'foo' and 'bar', respectively, and remove '.invalid'.