Python documentation moronicities (continued)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Apr 25 15:15:05 EDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Xah Lee wrote:
>
>> I have produced my doc.
>> ( http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python_re-write/lib/module-re.html )
>>
>> isn't there a hundred dollars due to me?
>

> No.
>
> [Steve Holden]
>
>>> The condition for winning the prize is that at least five regular
>>> posters to c.l.py have to mail me and saythey think your version is
>>> better.

... and I haven't received a single email yet. I should also point out
that you originally said

>> paypal me a hundred dollars and i'll rewrite the whole re doc in a few
>> hours.

To which I replied

> I will personally pay you a hundred dollars if you can find enough
 > time between now and this time next week - you should be able to find
 > "a few hours" in 168 without unduly conveniencing yourself.

That offer was made on 4/12, and it's 4/25 today, so you're six days
late. Since I don't want to be thought of as a welsher, however, the
offer still stands despite the delay. I await five emails from regular
c.l.py posters confirming that they think your version is better than
the one in the documentation.

Having read it I'm not sure *why* you believe your version is better,
but I am nevertheless impressed that you did get around to it.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/