Which IDE is recommended?

Franz Steinhaeusler franz.steinhaeusler at utanet.at
Thu Apr 28 03:52:53 EDT 2005

On 27 Apr 2005 07:36:28 -0700, "Matt" <matt.fryer at gmail.com> wrote:

>The ActiveGrid IDE is a sample app with wxPython. It has a lot of good
>features including a source code debugger that allows you to debug wx
>apps and set breakpoints from the code editor. I am also biased
>though--I work on that IDE and use it for all my coding. Its pretty far
>along on Windows and getting better on Linux. We just got it working on
>a Mac yesterday so that version won't be out for a bit.

Little OT:

I tried to run or debug the current open file. but it didn't work.
As I found no forum, I ask here:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-ansi\wx\lib\pydocview.py",
line
 930, in ProcessEvent
    return DocMDIParentFrameMixIn.ProcessEvent(self, event)
  File
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-ansi\wx\lib\pydocview.py",
line
 325, in ProcessEvent
    return wx.GetApp().ProcessEvent(event)
  File
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-ansi\wx\lib\pydocview.py",
line
 1636, in ProcessEvent
    if service.ProcessEvent(event):
  File "C:\Programme\wxPython2.6 Docs and
Demos\samples\ide\activegrid\tool\Debu
ggerService.py", line 1534, in ProcessEvent
    self.OnRunProject(event)
  File "C:\Programme\wxPython2.6 Docs and
Demos\samples\ide\activegrid\tool\Debu
ggerService.py", line 1633, in OnRunProject
    dlg = CommandPropertiesDialog(self.GetView().GetFrame(), 'Run',
projectServi
ce, None)
  File "C:\Programme\wxPython2.6 Docs and
Demos\samples\ide\activegrid\tool\Debu
ggerService.py", line 1933, in __init__
    self._selectedProjectDocument =
self._projectDocumentList[selectedIndex]
IndexError: list index out of range

Where to ask for help otherwise?

--
Franz Steinhäusler