Which IDE is recommended?

Brian Beck exogen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:34:09 EDT 2005

Ville Vainio wrote:
> What version? PyDev has increased in maturity quite a bit lately.

PyDev 0.9.2 with Eclipse 3.0.2. It's a nice effort currently, but some
of my issues are:

* Code completion doesn't work properly for me, and I have no idea why.
I have to type the '.' then ADD A SPACE, *then* press Ctrl+Space. If I
type Ctrl+Space after the dot, nothing happens. So basically it's not
very useful, because I'd have to go back and get rid of the stupid space.

* Code completion isn't nearly as fast as WingIDE.

* Auto-indentation could be smarter, such as dedenting after a 'return'
statement.

* The Problems view finds 52 errors in a file with 0.

* Run As doesn't dump me into an interactive shell.

--
Brian Beck
Adventurer of the First Order