Don't let your babies grow up to be programmers (was: up with PyGUI!)

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Thu Sep 23 22:09:40 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 14:08 +0000, Cameron Laird wrote:

> It's worse than that, Cliff:  there's serious reason to fear
> that non-price factors might soon work *against* us in the US,
> almost as much as they have for us in the past.  I see this
> running along a couple of lines:
> *) "security"-related and DRM-IP-enforcing
>    export restrictions directly interfere
>    with our ability to deliver internation-
>    ally; and

This is actually a reason to change countries rather than lines of work.
The current state of affairs wrt IP in the U.S. is sickening.  Of
course, no matter where you go, there's always something that makes you
want to move somewhere else.  And if there isn't today, there will be
tomorrow.

> *) MS hasn't been alone in habituating
>    international customers to associate US
>    software with expense and unreliability.

Hey, let's not get personal <wink>.

--
Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net>