Microthreads without Stackless?

Michael Sparks zathras at thwackety.com
Sat Sep 18 07:14:01 EDT 2004

Bryan Olson wrote:
> David Mertz, Ph.D. wrote:
>  > Yeah... I know Bryan thinks that's a problem.  Mostly because he
>  > doesn't actually know what a coroutine is.  But it's true that the
>  > scheduled coroutines I present in the mentioned article are always
>  > "flat" (hmm... didn't I read somewhere that: "Flat is better than
>  > nested"?)
>
> Any chance, at this point, that I could get forgiveness for my
> tone, yet continue the discussion?

For what it's worth, I'm genuinely curious as to the answer to the
question I posed you - even/especially if it is "no, greenlets aren't
what I'm after" and why. Including for example practical rather than
technical reasons - after all as far as I'm aware there isn't a
standalone package, and I've no idea if Armin Rigo intends to support
it as such.

Regards,

Michael