Another worthless decorator syntax suggestion

Tom Loredo loredo at somewhere.cornell.edu
Tue Sep 14 17:55:04 EDT 2004

It's beating a dead horse, but:

Guido wrote:
> Minor issue: "using" is a poor choice of keyword. It resembles C#'s
> "using" and perhaps Perl's "use", both of which have completely
> different meanings. But there don't seem to be any better alternatives
> (the best I could come up with was "transmogrify" :-).

"specify" is not in the Wiki but seems to express the various usages
better than "using".

specify:
  accepts(int,int)
  returns(float)
  classmethod
<blah>

Not that it matters at this point!

All the alternatives seem not only ugly but non-pythonic, including
the final one.  I'm looking forward to P3000, since Chris King's
comments in the Wiki look better than what was chosen.

-Tom
(who has always admired the BDFL's pronouncements in the past, and
who does not envy him this particular decision for the lesser of
many "evils")

--

To respond by email, replace "somewhere" with "astro" in the
return address.