python is going to die! =(

Michael Sparks michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 07:20:15 EDT 2004

julio wrote:
> -- tools,tools,tools : have people that likes python ever used an ide?
> i mean a good ide, the one that saves you a lot of time, and makes you
> productive.

If I understand you right, this is the key crux to your argument.

Languages don't die, they just go away for a while to return again
later. Killing a language is very, very, very difficult. People have
been trying to do this to Lisp, COBOL and FORTRAN for decades now, and
not succeeded yet. Mere apathy very rarely works.

(not entirely serious, but hopefully you get the point :)

> Is there a posibility python survives 2 years more at least?

Yes. It's survived in an evolving form despite the growth of C++, Java,
C#, Perl over it's lifespan.

Michael.
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk
British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development
Kingswood Warren, Surrey KT20 6NP

This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.