OT: DeviceNet via Python (was Re: It's in Python. It just _works_!)

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Sep 3 12:52:58 EDT 2004

On 2004-09-03, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

> > I use a USB/CAN interface from PEAK-System Technik GmbH.
> [snip]

[...]

> I'm curious if anyone has yet contrived a working solution for
> both Linux and Windows...  Zanthic didn't have a Linux driver
> for theirs, and I don't know what the API would have been to
> talk to it from Linux.

I think there is an enhanced Windows device driver for the Peak
CAN interfaces, but it costs extra, and I'm not sure what
advantages it has over the DLL that comes free with the device.

So far I'm happy with the Peak device, they've been very quick
to respond to questions and suggestions on the Linux driver.
Some of the documentation is in German, but the example
programs are mostly in English.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is there something
                                  at               I should be DOING with a