python is going to die! =(

Kirk Job-Sluder kirk at eyegor.jobsluder.net
Sun Sep 19 20:28:12 EDT 2004

On 2004-09-20, Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 19:53 -0400, julio wrote:
>
>> So am i missing something ? are any of my arguments wrong ? again :
>
> The fundamental problem with your arguments/complaints is that you
> somehow think that someone, somewhere on this list owes you something.

Bingo.

In addition, the argument that such and such a language is going to
wither away and "die" in the face of the popularity of another language
is an old troll that's been heard many times before about languages that
amazingly still find themselves to be the right tool for a specific job.
Bourne, awk and sed didn't vanish with perl.  C++ didn't vanish in the
face of Java and Visual Basic.

> If you want an IDE and you know what makes a good one, then you should
> write one.  Better yet, help out on one of the existing ones (i.e. Boa
> Constructor, Anjuta) and help shape it into what you think an IDE should
> be.

And if his isn't willing to participate in improving existing IDEs then
complaining about it on c.l.python is a waste of his time and ours.  (Of
course, I can use a good waste of time right now.

--
Kirk Job-Sluder
"The square-jawed homunculi of Tommy Hilfinger ads make every day an