Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Thu Sep 2 01:48:07 EDT 2004

    Mark> X# seems like groundbreaking work to me.  It reminds me of
    Mark> the utility of regular expressions but for XML and SQL.

Yep, and Python doesn't need special syntax for regexps either.

    Mark> Don't forget that reular expressions were in Perl first also
    Mark> and they are used heavily in Python.

I imagine regexps have been around long before perl, though I might be
wrong. That aside, the regexps in the core language don't seem to
benefit the perl in any significant way - apart from pleasing newbies
who might live under the fallacy that having a feature "built right
in" makes the language superior for the task in question.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb