batch pretty (color) print of python code?

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Mon Sep 27 16:32:48 EDT 2004

Humpdydum writes:

> Any freeware/open-source that does that? Windows- OR
> Linux-based is fine. On Linux it would be s/t like "pyprint
> -r *.py > out.ps" where -r indicates recursive. Done a search
> on google and nothing solid comes up. So far I've been using
> Boa's print feature, which means one file at a time, tedious.

I believe you are looking for py2pdf.py, the most recent version
that I can find being included in ReportLab, in the tools
directory.

It is very configurable, and the defaults are nice. It doesn't
offer recursion or output redirection like you want, but you
could probably take the code and run with it. What it will do
out of the box is to convert your specified files to individual
pdf files. For example:

python py2pdf.py *.py

results in a .pdf file for every .py file in the directory.

http://www.reportlab.org/downloads.html

--
Paul McNett
Independent Software Consultant