RSS generation

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 10 12:57:27 EDT 2004

Jesper Olsen wrote:
> I'm looking for a python module which can help generate RSS feeds
> in various formats - 0.92, 1.0, 2.0, atom etc...
>
> Does something like that like that exist - non zope based?

About a year ago I wrote PyRSS2Gen to generate RSS2 from
a Python data structure.  It's at
   http://www.dalkescientific.com/Python/PyRSS2Gen.html
It doesn't support the different variations.

I didn't come across any other tool to generate RSS output
as as standalone library, much less the different versions.

Feel free to use it as a base for future work.  The
only bug I've come across is with how it deals with
Unicode, but I've not pushed it that hard.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com