my own type, print function

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Sep 10 10:29:31 EDT 2004

Torsten Mohr <tmohr at s.netic.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> i have created an own type in C and have implemented
> the print function for it.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but my advice is: don't do that :)

I.e. don't fill out the tp_print slot of your type object unless your
object type has such a long printed representation that going via a
string representation is grossly inefficent.

Cheers,
mwh

--
 "Sturgeon's Law (90% of everything is crap) applies to Usenet."
 "Nothing guarantees that the 10% isn't crap, too."