Xah Lee's Unixism

Alan Balmer albalmer at att.net
Fri Sep 10 11:11:45 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 04 12:39:57 GMT, jmfbahciv at aol.com wrote:

>In article <10k1a13rnpc2p94 at corp.supernews.com>,
>   Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:
>>jmfbahciv at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>>In article <10juvnrt88k4868 at corp.supernews.com>,
>>>   Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:

<snip uninformed panic reaction>

>>proclaim that the government is horribly wrong, and I also happen to buy
>>a copy of something like, say, The Anarchist's Cookbook... I'm now
>>liable to be perceived by the government as a terrorist, and thus be
>>subject to arrest and imprisonment with no charges being filed and no
>>access to legal recourse.
>
>How did you get this conclusion?  Has a US citizen bought the book,
>only yakked about it and then was arrested and imprisoned
>with no trail or arraignment?

The book is readily available from Amazon.com, and 145 of their
customers have written reviews of it. We'll have to check how many of
them are in jail in Guantanamo ;-) One reviewer recommended a
companion book - "Home Workshop Explosives", also available from
Amazon.

Also available on DVD.

I see a lot of second-hand opinions on the Patriot Act. Hardly any of
them have actually read it.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting