Strange "feature" involving double slashes in Win98

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Sep 14 16:39:17 EDT 2004

Carlos Ribeiro wrote:

>a) cd c:\\windows  --> fails with an "invalid folder" message
>b) cd c:\\[my_workstation_name]  --> abort, retry or ignore

Additionally, as an extra data point, both of these failed with "The
system cannot find the path specified" on my Win2K machine, so it's not
just a Win9x issue.  (I'm not sure if the fact that they're different
errors on your machine but the same error on my machine is significant,
but in either case it's still nonfunctional.)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International