run a python script located on linux from a windows computer

John Lenton john at grulic.org.ar
Tue Sep 7 09:23:04 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:12:04AM -0700, jacques wrote:

> i have a computer with redhat linux. on this computer i have some
> python scripts i want to run. i don't want to run them with linux but
> with windows. so i have a second computer (win) with python installed.
> how can i lauch the script on the linux?
>
> python myscript.py 192.168.1.1 ?

there are several ways to read your question; one (which is still
slightly ambiguous) is 'how can I have a script executed on the linux
computer from a script running on the windows computer?'. There are
several ways of doing this, but probably the easyest is running some
kind of RPC server on the linux box, and having the windows box be a
client of same. Possibly the easyest way to do this is with pyro.

--
John Lenton (john at grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
I will not say that women have no character; rather, they have a new