[OT] "Pre-announcement" of Python-based "computing appliance" project.

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 03:12:05 EDT 2004

Jack Diederich <jack at performancedrivers.com> wrote:
> Hmm, you could go with Daleth, the Hewbrew letter that means Door.

Great suggestion.  While daleth.org and daleth.com are taken, daleth.net
is free, too.

> A glance at the first google page shows no software with that moniker.
> As a logo it isn't terribly sexy, but you could work on it (the current

?!  It means (inter alia) Tarot Trump III, The Empress (Venus, Earth
Mother, Demeter -- fertility, bounty, creativity -- Daughter of the
Mighty Ones) -- there are renderings galore, and while of course many
are quite chaste, finding sexy ones is the least of your problems!-)

> ps, to any whackadoodles: no neocon conspiracy here, it just happens that
> when I was young my parents sent me to a place called "a school"

Heh, I may be out of the current US cultural picture, I guess, but I
wouldn't particularly connect tarot and kabbalah to neocons...

Alex