wxPython Not Ready for Commercial Use

Andrew Durdin adurdin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 21:34:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:26:09 -0700, Jeff Shannon <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote:

> Presuming that you're targetting Windows,  there's a couple of solutions
> here.  Perhaps the simplest would be to use either pythonCOM or
> pyXLWriter ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxlwriter/ ) to get Excel
> to handle the output for you.  I suspect that either of these methods
> would be simpler than writing Excel-xml.

I was recently involved in a project which required producing excel
files programmatically (this was from VB *spew*). I started off using
COM, but it turned out to be unreasonably slow for filling in all the
cells that we needed to do; so instead we output an XML spreadsheet.
It was much faster, and simpler in the end.