Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Wed Sep 1 16:38:56 EDT 2004

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:59:20 -0700, Mark Hahn wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:19:21 -0400, Peter Hansen wrote:
>> http://pyxie.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Best to avoid homonyms too, I think.  Try again.
>
> I see no problem with homonyms, unless it was another computer language.

I too would recommend against this.

Basically, all the *really* cute Py* names are taken. I'd recommend doing
something that cleanly separates you from Python, and then just note the
descendance. The farther you are getting from an implementation of Python,
the more true this becomes. I think you will actually come to regret the
association if you make it too strong, as people will get ideas about your
language from the association, then be upset about the language when it
doesn't meet their expectations. Better to start fresh.