So I guess PyUI is long abandonded? What else is there?

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:01:13 EDT 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:16:07 +0000 (UTC), Martin Maney <maney at pobox.com> wrote:
> So the biggest part of the GUI is mostly done: the board and such
> display, scroll, etc.  Next up are the mostly non-graphic bits, the
> text and numbers section of the display.  I guess this part would have
> been more or less easy in wx, but PyGame offers only very low-level
> primitives.  PyUI was the most promising package I found, but it seems
> to be long dead, judging by the lack of life in its mailing list,
> untouched bug list, and general brokenness.  The fact that the last
> several releases are all zip archives with names that include "win32"
> reinforces my feeling that this is not going to get me anywhere useful
> for a project that has to work on both MS and X11 platforms.  :-(

I've checked PyUI right now, and it seems that there is a release
numbered "1.0" - which is a sign that it must have reached a somewhat
stable stage. The win32 ZIP file that I've downloaded does not contain
any windows specific dll, pyd or exe file, but only pure Python code.
It includes renderers for OpenGL and PyGame itself, which are cross
platform, as far as I know. Are your sure that it will not work for
you? What is the latest version you tried?

Best regards,

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos