Strange "feature" involving double slashes in Win98

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:23:01 EDT 2004

Oops. For some reason I misread your message. I'm using Win98 SE, and
have no plans to upgrade (at least while I'm limited to my current PC
setup).

Regarding this bug: if it's clear that this is Windows bug, does it
make sense to fix it in the libraries themselves? The bug exists, but
it doesn't affect much software because few people do things the
"wrong" way. A note in the documentation is more than enough to
clarify the actual workings of the code in the case of Win9x. I'll
report the bug to the DrPython guys, and let them solve the particular
issue with their software. I fixed the problem in a couple of
locations but I'm not sure if I found all relevant places.