#comments

Ken Parkes cbuffer at NOSPAMrosecott.ukfsn.org
Tue Sep 14 19:31:26 EDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:51:17 -0700, Dan Bishop wrote:

> This isn't related to your question, but why are you using two assignment
> statements when one will do?
>
>    myInput = raw_input("Type something ")

All to do with my background-learning by trial and error.   I was simply
trying various ways of assignment.  When one gets long in the tooth read
stuff tends to evaporate.  Got to Handling Exceptions in van Rossum's
tutorial today and saw the first instance of
	print itemA , itemB
Now I shall not forget and have a mental link with
	while something : somethingElse
Two pains for the price of one.

And thanks to Dan Perl; there's a name to conjure with:)

Ken.