Clickable (wx)python app in OS X

PhysicsGenius desiredusername at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 10:05:15 EDT 2004

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!  I hate Macs.

I have a wxPython program.  It runs fine on OS X when I launch it from
the Terminal ("pythonw appname.py") .  The user wants to be able to
click it.  Two main suggestions on the Internet, neither of which
works:

1) "Use Platypus"  So I download it, upgrade Stuffit, install both,
figure out how to use it, create an app....and it doesn't work for
graphical apps.  Nice to know, thanks for telling me ahead of time!

2) "Just associate .py files with PythonInterpreter".  Sounds easy!
So I navigate to appname.py, Get Info, Open With, navigate to
PythonInterpreter....WhereTF is "PythonInterpreter"?  Not on the OS X
system anywhere and Google only finds a Python module.

So, how do I create a clickable icon that will launch my wxPython
program?