up with PyGUI!

Christophe Cavalaria chris.cavalaria at free.fr
Sun Sep 26 17:45:18 EDT 2004

Carlos Ribeiro wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:28:10 -0400, Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com> wrote:
>>         Forgive me if this is an oversimplification, but it looks like
>>         what
>> you want is an XML-based definition of your UI objects, and are trying
>> to approximate that with Python syntax. What you've written looks an
>> awful lot like an XRC file structure, albeit without the closing tags.
>
> Here we go -- Sunday morning, coding and discussing...
>
> I'm avoiding a data-driven approach (XML) because I think that keeping
> all declarations in Python will make my code easy to work with in the
> long run. I've tried some XML based tools, but found the process to be
> too convoluted -- it needs another set of tools and skills, and it
> means that I need to be able to read yet another completely different
> syntax. Also, I'm trying to avoid visual GUI designers at this point

Did you check that new project :
http://techgame.net/projects/Framework/wiki/

> -- I realized that I simply lose to much time futzing with pixel
> alignment details, and that I'm better investing my time doing other
> stuff.

That's why I like QtDesigner. The think lets you place as you want the
controls on the form, but you are encouraged to always group the controls
and to never relly on pixel placement. And it is really easy to use once
you know how.