up with PyGUI!

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Sun Sep 26 13:32:24 EDT 2004

Ed Leafe wrote:

>      Forgive me if this is an oversimplification, but it looks like
>      what
> you want is an XML-based definition of your UI objects, and are
> trying to approximate that with Python syntax.

    	You're partially right, I suppose, in that the usual structure of
XML is more like this than the usual structure of Python code.  As
Carlos mentioned, however, an important point (which I neglected to
explicitly put into my example) is that if you're doing it in Python you
can include actual Python code in the GUI definition.  I admit there's a
certain attraction to totally separating the layout from the code by
using XML (or whatever) to define the layout and then linking it up with
Python code, but on the other hand it's confusing to have a button
defined someplace and have what it does defined in a completely
different place.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell