pydev [was Re: python ides]

Ian J Cottee ian at cottee.org
Tue Sep 28 02:52:34 EDT 2004

Ville Vainio wrote:

>     Ian> Well this emacs user spent some time trying it (testing the
>     Ian> version 2 beta). It is nice but it's no emacs unfortunately.
>
> A slight point of netiquette - please don't hesitate to quote the name
> of the thing referred to by "it", or write it out yourself if that's
> not possible :-).

Apologies - I was somewhat over enthusiastic in my previous post
trimmings :). I see so many posts that quote reams of pointless previous
text that I often seem to go too far in the other direction.

> Apart from that, I'd like to point out that pydev (Python plugin for
> eclipse) seems to be alive and well (i.e. they seem to be implementing
> new features) with the recent 0.6 version:
>
> http://pydev.sourceforge.net/
>
> Eclipse is where I think I'm going in my attempt to wean myself off
> emacs.

Yes, I played with pydev. One is almost tempted to learn Java in order
to contribute. But I still can't believe that I will live to see the day
that Emacs is surpassed ;-).

Ian