How to go about developing in zope

john mailtome200420032002 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 01:08:15 EDT 2004

Josef Meile <jmeile at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<414a9787 at pfaff2.ethz.ch>...

> I think the best way to develop such product is by using an external
> database to store the data (for the zope interaction, you can use an
> existent Zope Database Adapter - See the zope book for more info), doing
> the interfaces with ZPT (Zope's Page Templates -> Don't use DTML), and
> coding the logic on a python based product (forget about ZClasses)

But doing it this way is same as doing in php or any
other  framework like cherrypy .How does zope help me?
>From my understanding I think in zope we have to
develop Zclasses    for objects not already available
which in this application can be timesheet etc.... Am
I right?? Also how zope helps me to implement different kind of access
level for users(admin,apprver,employee)or I have to resort to plain
old relational database for it too??