Module Pygame - "FadeOut" text

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Sep 24 16:22:55 EDT 2004

Askari wrote:
> "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>>There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
>>It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
>>as gmane.comp.python.pygame.
>>
> I DON'T WANT use this mail list!  I don't want subscribe anythink for
> this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
> find with no subcribtion!

Feel free to post here... you will be limiting your responses
to a very small subset of the potential responses you'd get
if you used the darn mailing list, but nobody is forcing you
to use the mailing list.  By all means post here.  Just don't
complain if you get few or no responses.

> Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

With good reason.  I'd be surprised if he sends it again, for
you, however, after your incredible rudeness to someone trying
to help.

> And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
> It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

See above.  This newsgroup is very general and does handle questions
on the entire range of Python topics, but for certain things the
*best* advice you'll get here is to check the specific mailing list
for the package you are using.  Whether it's Zope, wxPython, Twisted,
or yes, even PyGame, you'll do much better with the mailing list.

But *nobody is forcing you to subscribe*, just providing helpful
advice in a friendly manner.  You were, IMHO, way out of line in
your reaction to Terry's well-meaning suggestion.

-Peter