Module Pygame - "FadeOut" text

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Sep 24 20:40:06 EDT 2004

> I DON'T WANT use this mail list!  I don't want subscribe anythink for
> this info!

Tough ;-)  Actually, I don't like subcribing either, which is why I use the
newsgroup interface to lurk on the PyGame list.  Which is also why I know
that Pete Shinners, the author of PyGame, hangs out on that list, which he
created for questions such as your, and regularly answers such questions if
no one beats him to it.  Which is why I am completely comforatable with
redirecting questions about PyGame in particular to the list made for that
purpose.

As a counter spam measure, you will, I admit, have to verify to gmane that
you are posting from a real address in order for your question to be passed
on.  That takes less than 5 seconds.

> Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

Yes, I have sent similar messages before when appropriate.  If you were a
previous recipient (and I do not much pay attention to who, just the
content), and ignored it, then you need to read it again.

> And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?

You obviously can and did, but I suggest as I did because there are
literally thousands* of third-party Python modules/packages/projects that
you and thousands of people can and do ask about.  Fortunately for the
continued usefulness of this group, almost everyone else uses the
appropriate project-specific communication channel.

*As of this moment, SourceForge currently has 3405 Python projects.
http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=160
One of them currently is Python itself, and maybe a few others are directly
related.  But there are also Python projects not on SourceForge.

Terry J. Reedy