Anyone know anything named DX? (was Re: Announcing PyCs) (was: Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net)

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Tue Sep 7 01:31:53 EDT 2004

Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> The "great" names are long gone.

Here is my (unpatented) technique:

Use APG online to generate pronounceable words (they are intended to be
passwords but who cares).  You need to turn off symbols and digits.
Here is one site:

  http://maurizio.giampy.it/apg/

Set the length range to whatever takes your fancy.  Read through the
list and do a Google search for any that look good.  Wonder how on
earth so many of them have matches.  Rinse and repeat until you find
one with no matches.

It was how I came up with Entrocul and BitPim :-)

I did actually send an email to Google labs suggesting they come
up with an "naming" tool where you could suggest what style of
name you wanted (eg scientific, Italian, computery) and it would
generate random strings of that form with no entries in the
index.  They never responded.

Roger