Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 23:35:19 EDT 2004

[David M. Wilson]
>> Also judging by what I've seen of Prothon and read here, neither of
>> your proposed languages are either Python-like or related to this
>> group.

[Mark Hahn]
> Tim Peters and Guido both disagree with you.  They have both told
> me to post here and keep the community informed of my work.  They
> consider Prothon a "sandbox" that Python can learn from.

This is true!  Without mountains of backward compatibility
constraining you in all directions, you can try things that CPython
will likely never be able to try.  You pick interesting things to try,
too, and Python 3000 stands to benefit from such experiments.

But you're not *required* to post here.  If the general Python
community can't see value in fresh approaches (which is likely true of
all, um, "mature" language communities in-the-large), maybe sticking
to python-dev would cut some needless grief from your life.