[OT] "Pre-announcement" of Python-based "computing appliance" project.

Richard Hanson me at privacy.net
Fri Sep 24 14:27:56 EDT 2004

[A heads up: This is mostly a shorter, "chatty"-type post. :-) ]

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Richard Hanson wrote:
> > As I just replied to David Lees -- I didn't signal adequately that I
> > was not soliciting names for the project at this juncture, but was
> > merely attempting some levity. :-) I *should* have realized from the
> > recent "naming threads" what might happen... -- my bad! :-p
>
> No worries, Richard.  You *did* signal that quite adequately.

Oh, good -- I was wondering if my sense of humor was tending towards
infinitely incomprehensible. ;-)

> This, however, is comp.lang.python and clear signals never
> stopped anyone.  <wink>

I've noticed that. :-)

> You could say "Please do *not* offer
> any more name suggestions", and then sit back and peruse the
> many interesting (?) ideas that are offered anyway.

Heh. You understand human psychology well, too, I see. :-)

By the way, I *have* appreciated all the replies -- after all, I'm a
new poster waltzing in and plopping down with what could seem like
some "non-tobacco"-fueled pipe dream. ;-)

> -i'm-partial-to-FerretFace(tm)-ly y'rs,

Now *that* is my kind of name. (I won't steal it, of course.)

Thanks for the reply, Peter!

onward-and-upwardly y'rs
Richard Hanson

--
sick<PERI0D>old<P0INT>fart<PIE-DEC0-SYMB0L>newsguy<MARK>com