[OT] "Pre-announcement" of Python-based "computing appliance" project.

Richard Hanson me at privacy.net
Fri Sep 24 14:10:54 EDT 2004

[A heads up: Moderate length post; little added value by me. :-) ]

Alex Martelli wrote:

> Jack Diederich <jack at performancedrivers.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, you could go with Daleth, the Hewbrew letter that means Door.
>
> Great suggestion.  While daleth.org and daleth.com are taken, daleth.net
> is free, too.
>
> > A glance at the first google page shows no software with that moniker.
> > As a logo it isn't terribly sexy, but you could work on it (the current
>
> ?!  It means (inter alia) Tarot Trump III, The Empress (Venus, Earth
> Mother, Demeter -- fertility, bounty, creativity -- Daughter of the
> Mighty Ones) -- there are renderings galore, and while of course many
> are quite chaste, finding sexy ones is the least of your problems!-)

Alex's comments on the sexiness of "Daleth" noted with humor. ;-)

Once again, I am impressed by the incredible store of general as well
as specific knowledge available even in such a specific group as
c.l.py. I'm a generalist, and much appreciate the opportunities to
broaden my education through edification such as the above.

> > ps, to any whackadoodles: no neocon conspiracy here, it just happens that
> > when I was young my parents sent me to a place called "a school"
>
> Heh, I may be out of the current US cultural picture, I guess, but I
> wouldn't particularly connect tarot and kabbalah to neocons...

I didn't comment on Jack's PS, originally. I'm aware of the 'Merkin
cultural picture, but studies of philosophy over the years along with
general observations of, and introspections into, the human condition,
have rendered me quite apolitical. I *did* get Jack's reference and
took it in what I think was the spirit intended -- facts, not
political agendas, given with humor.

Thanks for the comments to both of you!

apolitically-and-agendaless'ly y'rs,
Richard Hanson

--
sick<PERI0D>old<P0INT>fart<PIE-DEC0-SYMB0L>newsguy<MARK>com