classes and standard modules

Brad Tilley bradtilley at usa.net
Thu Sep 16 21:47:52 EDT 2004

I don't understand classes very well... maybe some day. Is it just me or
are they supposed to be difficult to understand? They make my head hurt.

Anyway, because I don't understand classes well, I avoid using them.
However, many modules in the standard library are implemented as
classes: sgmllib, HTMLParser, etc. Is it possible to use these modules
without getting into OO programming and inheritance and all the other
lofty, theoretical CS concepts that small script writers, like me, don't
really need?