Ranting about the state of Python IDEs for Windows

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:36:59 EDT 2004

Alberto,

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:09:44 +0200, Alberto Santini <as at nospam.org> wrote:
> I suggest you
>
> http://www.scintilla.org/

It's not going to help with my particular problem... because almost
*all* editors that I've tried already use Scintilla through various
different bindings. In fact, Boa, Eric3, PythonWin *and* DrPython all
use it. The only tool that I'm not sure about it is Komodo - but I
wouldn't be surprised if it too used Scintilla as the text editor
widget. I also have downloaded SciTE  and a couple other Scintilla
based editors.

The problem here is not with the editor -- is with the supporting
environment. My app is still in the early stages of programming and
already has several different source code files in several
directories. Were I using a tool like Delphi, it would be fairly easy
to keep track of everything. As I said, it's not that I can't do it
otherwise. It's just that I know from my personal experience that a
good tool can save a lot of time and add more convenience to the job.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com