sys.setdefaultencoding(name)

Askari askari at addressNonValide.com
Sat Sep 18 09:48:41 EDT 2004

Where is the method : "sys.setdefaultencoding(name)"?

Problem :
I want change the default encoding because I want put french letter :
éÉàÀ...etc  in widget with no problem! When I use the method ".get" from a
widget (Text, Entry), the string returned is "fucked"...
In the Entry widget, the text is (with .insert) "été"
When I add a "é" at end (with my keyboard), th result is "étéé" OR a
raised error!

I find, on net, that I must use "sys.setdefaultencoding(name)".
I find find this methode in the doc (official) but the
"setdefaultencoding" name method is not in the sys module!?! (when I print
"dir(sys)"?!  :-(

Askari