file access in jythonc

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 3 13:37:16 EDT 2004

John Howard wrote:

>Having thought the whole C thing over, python is still the way to go.

Something I've done a couple of times in the past is to follow Bruce
Eckel's "Browser as Desktop UI" model
(http://mindview.net/WebLog/log-0045).  I've created a web-based
application that runs on a "client" or standalone machine.  You can
either use the Python built-in SimpleHTTPServer or CGIHTTPServer, or,
preferably, one of the Python web frameworks like CherryPy that creates
a standalone server for you.  I can definitely highly recommend
CherryPy.  Anyway, a standalone CherryPy server running your application
would likely solve all your problems.  You just have to have Python
installed and (currently) only one .py file.

Jeremy