Problem with a dictionary program....

Ling Lee janimal at mail.trillegaarden.dk
Tue Sep 28 11:04:28 EDT 2004

So this code should work:

indput = raw_input(" Tell me the number you want to transform to textuel
representaion")
try:
    indput = str(int(indput))
except ValueError:
    print "No, you need to give me an integer."

List =
{1:"one",2:"two",3:"three",4:"four",5:"five",6:"six",7:"seven",8:"eight",9:"nine"}
output = []
for character in indput:
  output.append(List[character])
  print ', '.join(output)

I read it like this first output is an empty list, then for each character
in the input it will be run through the "List" and when it find the number
it will apend it to the output, and in the last print line it will join the
output ( if there has been more than one number) and print it-

But if I run the program and type in the number 34 I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Python23/taltilnumre.py", line 10, in -toplevel-
    output.append(List[character])
KeyError: '3'

How can that be, it looks right to me ...

Thanks

news:10liubfprlt4g9d at corp.supernews.com...