python is going to die! =(

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Mon Sep 20 07:25:56 EDT 2004

* Hans Nowak (2004-09-20 05:17 +0200)
>>  -- C # is almost perfetly designed, python is very well designed but it has
>> some crap that obscurize it and is not going to be removed because of the
>> damn backwards compatibility thing,
>
> The "damn backwards compatibility thing" guarantees that older Python code
> still runs, more or less unchanged, on recent interpreters.  (Well, most of the
> time.)

I've never seen such a "progressive" language as Python. Not many
people care about "backwards compatibility" to Python 1.5.2 for
instance.

New language constructs are rapidly adopted; often you can hear
someone say: "in Python 2.4 you could write this as..." ... and noone
objects. Now if that isn't progressive...

Thorsten