get https page

ben santoshamb at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 21:30:00 EDT 2004

Heres what I did to get it to work.

Activestate python 2.3.2 does not come with the ability to connect
over a secure layer, so you have to download the file at this address:

http://www.junkheap.net/projects/python-windows-ssl/python-windows-ssl.html

after you install his code, the following will work:

import httplib

HOSTNAME = 'www.schedulesource.com'
conn = httplib.HTTPSConnection(HOSTNAME,443)
conn.putrequest('GET', '/teamwork/logon/')
conn.endheaders()
response = conn.getresponse()
print response.read()

(I was trying to write a login script for schedulesource.com)

Ben