Using Python instead of DOS shell scripts

Byron DesertLinux at netscape.net
Tue Sep 14 11:07:39 EDT 2004

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Python programming!

If you want to learn Python quickly and easily, I would HIGHLY recommend
that you check out "How to think like a computer scientist: Learning
with Python."  It is a free, downloadable book that teaches Python from
the ground up.  It also contains many fun, step-by-step examples for the
beginner to try out -- along with an object-oriented approach later in
the book.

Check it out:

http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/

Byron