[ANN] Boo 0.4.3 - python-like language for .NET/Mono

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Mon Oct 11 09:06:44 EDT 2004

    Istvan> What I referred to was that the reason IronPython got so
    Istvan> much interest in this group is not because it is a
    Istvan> *python-like* language on the CLI but because it aims to
    Istvan> be *python* on the CLI. Big difference IMO.

In some respects Boo is *more* python than Jython (which is lagging
behind CPython).

    Istvan> A "hey, it looks like python but it is not really python"
    Istvan> approach has little chance of capturing a python
    Istvan> programmer's imagination. It just muddies the water and
    Istvan> sows confusion among potential adopters.

I dunno, I don't see Boo any less interesting technically than
IronPython. In fact many would consider it *more* interesting, because
of the introduction of type inference. IronPython has more buzz going
for it, but a lot of it can be explained by non-technical issues.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb