[ANN] Boo 0.4.3 - python-like language for .NET/Mono

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Mon Oct 11 08:56:31 EDT 2004

Doug Holton wrote:

> Like I said in the first sentence of my earlier message:
> "I thought I'd share it here since there has been so much interest for
> similar projects like IronPython."

What I referred to was that the reason IronPython got so much
interest in this group is not because it is a *python-like*
language on the CLI but because it aims to be *python* on
the CLI. Big difference IMO.

If you'd make your language a valid python implementation, that could
also access .NET components (a la python) it would
instantly become a bazillion times more popular and talked about.

A "hey, it looks like python but it is not really python"
approach has little chance of capturing a python programmer's
imagination. It just muddies the water and sows confusion among
potential adopters.

this is just an opinion, and I've been wrong many times before...

Istvan.